Hiring a Service Truck
If you are in mining, construction, civil engineering, or other industries that require big machines, you likely have needed or will need a service truck at some time. The service truck is the difference between completing tasks on time or struggling to finish a job on many job sites.
In this article you will learn about all the different types of service trucks that are available for hire and why you should choose ESM Resources to hire one.
What Kinds of Trucks are Considered Service Trucks?
There are several types of trucks that can be classified as service trucks this includes,
- Agi Trucks
- Bulk Haulage
- Crane Trucks
- Dump Trucks
- Hiab Trucks
- Low Loaders
- Prime Movers
- Tipper Trucks
- Water Cartage
Why Hire a Service Truck?
A service truck makes a significant contribution to many different job sites in many industries. Some business owners in this situation opt to buy a service truck because it will not spend much time inactive. However, some businesses do not need a service truck regularly. In this case, hiring a service truck for a specific job makes more sense than purchasing a truck.
Whatever your situation, service trucks are usually the workhorses of the job sites and are crucial for keeping the work on schedule. Having a service truck with you on the job site is an excellent way to make sure you are covered if you need extra mobility, such as if equipment breaks down. A versatile service truck can keep your work on schedule while you see repairs.
Essential Features on a Service Truck
When you are looking into hiring a service truck, you will find the trucks come with different features based on their use.
Here are some general features that are good to have on most service trucks.
- Versatility – A busy job site has no room for uni-taskers. Details like a cross-lock engine switch, Electro-hydraulic cab tilt, and driver-controlled inter-axle lock switch are all on ESM Resources’ popular Isuzu FVZ 1400 6×4 Service Truck.
- Strength – A service truck needs to be able to work its way through tough situations. Our Isuzu FVZ 1400 has the power to get the job done. It boasts Torque- 981 Nm @ 1450 rpm and Power- 221 kW @ 2400 rpm. Additionally, the Engine type- SITEC SERIES III 295 (ISUZU 6HK1-TCS) has a nine-speed transmission with air assist shifting. If hauling is important to your job, the service truck can carry a load of 20,000kg.
- Safety – Job sites are inherently dangerous under the best circumstances. There is no room for unsafe machinery. Our service trucks come with numerous safety features, including cornering lamps, anti-lock brakes, clearance lamps mounted to the roof, front stabilizer bar, front underrun protection device, and more. The trucks also meet Australian standards with emergency stop capacity, handrails, ROPS, as well as reverse cameras.
- Comfort – While making sure your workers are comfortable while working may not be at the top of your priority list, it is something to consider. Workers who are comfortable and safe are more productive than miserable workers. When you hire one of ESM Resources’ service trucks, you are providing safety as well as comfort. The Isuzu FVZ 1400 has coil spring cab suspension, climate control, and pneumatic lumbar support. Your team will appreciate the cushioned adjustable steering wheel that is designed to tilt and move telescopically, a digital audio-visual entertainment system with dual speakers and more components that offer enhanced comfort and convenience.
- Durability – A manufacturer can equip a truck with the latest technology, the most efficient operating systems, state-of-the-art safety devices, and all the comfort a worker could imagine. However, if that truck cannot last, none of the other details matters much. The average age of trucks in Australia is between 14 and 15 years. So, the bar is set relatively high as far as durability is concerned. ESM Resources’ service truck is built to last even in harsh conditions. It features a cold riveted ladder frame, high tensile steel undercarriage, a frame-mounted fuel tank and more details that keep the Isuzu FVZ 1400 on the job and out of the repair shop.
Why Choose ESM Resources When You Want to Hire a Service Truck?
We know you have choices when it comes to hiring machinery for your job sites.
- ESM Resources is a 100 per cent Western Australian owned business. We have locations in Perth, Newman, and Karratha.
- We carry the top of the line machinery and meticulously maintain it.
- Our experts can assist you in finding the right machine for your job.
A service truck can significantly impact your job site by saving both time and effort. If you think a service truck could be right for you or if you have other questions, feel free to contact ESM Resources. One of our experts would be happy to answer your questions and help find the truck that is best for you.